Minnesota State-Mankato signs four hockey players
- Blog Post by: Roman Augustoviz
- November 15, 2012 - 3:14 AM
Minnesota State has signed four players during the early hockey signing period, which began Wednesday.
They are defensemen Sean Flanagan of Kindersley, Sask. He plays for Salmon Arm of the British Colymbia Hockey League. And Carter Foguth of Fenton, Mich. He plays for Muskegon of the USHL.
Also signing with the Mavs is goalie Cole Huggins of Englewood, Colo. He plays for Coquitlam of the BCHL.
And the fourth new MSU Mankato player is forward Mike Huntebrinker of Chesterfield, Mo. He plays for /Waterloo of the USHL.
Bios on each:
.* Flanagan, 6-1, 175. Age 20. He is in his second season with Salmon Arm after playing for two years with Kindersley SJHL. ... The alternate captain for the Silverbacks has three goals and five assists for eight points in 20 games. ... Named Salmon Arm’s best defenseman for 2011-2012 (8-23--31 in 60 GP)......Selected for Canada West U19 team that played in the 2010 World Junior A Challenge Tournament held in Penticton, B.C.
* Foguth, 6-2, 210. Age 20. Two-time team captain for Muskegon, where he is playing for a third season. ... Has one goal and one assist in 14 games with Muskegon. ... Had one goal and 10 assists in 89 games in the two previous seasons with the Lumberjacks...Product of the Compuware AAA hockey program in Detroit.
* Huggins, 6-0, 180. Age 20. ... Three-year BCHL veteran. In second year with Coquitlam. ... Ranks among league-leading goaltenders in BCHL with 10-5-1 record, 2.25 goals against average and .938 save percentage. ... Played midget hockey for Colorado Thunderbirds AAA.
* Huntebrinker, 5-11, 187. Age 20. ... In second USHL season with Waterloo. ... Has 3-4--7 in four games after collecting 17-17--34 in 54 games in 2011-12 to rank sixth on his team in scoring. .. .Added 4-6--10 in 13 playoff games, helping Waterloo to a runner-up finish in the 2011-12 Clark Cup finals. ... Played midget hockey for St. Louis Jr. Blues AAA.
© 2015 Star Tribune