1 dead, 1 hospitalized from CO poisoning in Le Sueur County
- Associated Press
- November 13, 2012 - 8:50 PM
LE CENTER, Minn. - One man is dead and another recovering after being overcome by carbon monoxide in south-central Minnesota.
Authorities say the men were working on farm machinery in a garage when they were overcome about noon Monday.
Le Sueur County authorities say 90-year-old Tony Kaisershot died at the scene and 83-year-old Clayton Block was taken by helicopter to Hennepin County Medical Center, where he is listed in satisfactory condition.
Both men are from the Minnesota town of Cleveland. The sheriff's office says they were winterizing a tractor, which apparently was running in an enclosed space at Kaisershot's home near Lake Jefferson.
The Free Press of Mankato (http://bit.ly/TCkiuV) reports both men were unconscious when responders arrived.
Information from: The Free Press, http://www.mankatofreepress.com
© 2014 Star Tribune