Per SoundScan: Taylor's "Red" is platinum (and P.O.S. did well, too)
- Blog Post by: Chris Riemenschneider
- October 31, 2012 - 12:04 PM
Three interesting tidbits from today’s Nielsen SoundScan report, which charts albums sales over the past week:
1) Taylor Swift’s “Red” album earned the highest sales of any album since 2002 (Eminem’s “The Eminem Show”), with 1.2 million copies sold in the record’s opening week. That’s also good news for locally based retail giant Target, which had the exclusive sales of the “Red” deluxe edition.
2) The No. 2 entry on the chart is the Dr. Dre-mentored album by Los Angeles rapper and Soundset 2012 performer Kendrick Lamar, “good kid, m.A.A.d. city,” which became the biggest-selling debut (new artist) record of 2012 with 241,000 copies sold.
3) And right behind those two big-wigs on the Twin Cities SoundScan chart is our little mega-rapper P.O.S., who had the third best-selling record locally and also managed to chart nationally at No. 47 with “We Don’t Even Live Here.”
© 2017 Star Tribune