Class 6A roundup: Lakeville North, Eastview advance
- October 26, 2012 - 11:42 PM
CLASS 6ALakeville North, Eastview advance
• SECTION 3: Will Rains rushed for 193 yards and three touchdowns as Eastview defeated Burnsville 42-13 on Friday. Mark Dwyer added a pair of touchdowns (one rushing, one passing) and Henry McIsaac added a pair as well (one passing, one receiving). ... Zach Creighton was 15-for-17 for 227 yards and four passing touchdowns and rushed for 83 rushing yards and a touchdown as Lakeville North beat Eagan 48-21. Jamiah Newell added a pair of touchdown runs, and Ben Blake caught a pair of touchdown passes. ... Jack Johnson rushed 12 times for 93 yards and three touchdowns as Prior Lake toppled Park 47-7. Alex Feine had five carries for 94 yards, and Blake Weber had nine carries for 89 yards. Each scored a touchdown, as did Elijah Patrick, who returned a fumble 8 yards to make it 27-0 at the break.
• SECTION 4: Mounds View had a 35-0 lead at halftime and went on to a 42-21 win over Forest Lake. Jeremy Redmond got Mounds View on the board with a 46-yard touchdown run in the first quarter, while Forest Lake's Dan Wassman had a pair of touchdowns, including a 92-yard run. Mick Nelson returned a fumble 17 yards for a Mustangs touchdown in the second quarter. ... Zach Knox rushed for three touchdowns to power Stillwater to a 41-13 win over North St. Paul. Danny Laudet hit all five extra points he attempted, and added a pair of field goals. Marshall Dawson accounted for both touchdowns for the Polars on a 7-yard run and a 10-yard reception. ... Jacques Perra had a pair of touchdowns as Roseville used a late fumble recovery to defeat White Bear Lake 21-14. Trey Anderson threw a pair of long touchdown passes for the Bears, including a 66-yarder to Nick Timmons.
• SECTION 5: Bridge Tusler had a pair of third-quarter touchdown runs -- one going for 74 yards -- as Osseo defeated Anoka 28-7. Garrison Gillard added a 20-yard touchdown pass to Javon Stephens, and Troy Kray had a 7-yard touchdown run to account for all of Osseo's scoring. Osseo faces Champlin Park in the semifinals on Friday. ... After playing to a scoreless tie in the first half, Blaine managed 21 second-half points and shut out Brainerd 21-0. Alex Copa rushed 37 times for 203 yards and a pair of touchdowns for the Bengals, who will play Maple Grove on Friday. ... Jack Wallick ran for 155 yards and four touchdowns as Maple Grove did all of its damage in the middle quarters in defeating Coon Rapids 39-14. Blake Skaja threw for 155 yards and a touchdown for the Crimson.
• SECTION 6: Kevin Placide got the Hornets offense rolling with the first two touchdowns of the game as Edina defeated Robbinsdale Armstrong 35-6. Erik Veker added two touchdowns (one rushing, one passing). ... Eight different Trojans scored touchdowns as Wayzata beat Minneapolis South 62-6. Cortez Ford was the only Trojan to score twice. Kaleb Pritchard returned a kickoff 93 yards for South's sole score. ... Grant Shaeffer had three touchdowns -- two passing, one rushing -- as Eden Prairie defeated Shakopee 28-7. Zach Hovey and Jacob Woodring caught Shaefer's touchdown passes.
© 2015 Star Tribune