WCHA roundup: Minnesota State Mankato rallies, wins in OT
- October 21, 2012 - 1:22 AM
• ST. CLOUD STATE 4, ALABAMA HUNTSVILLE 0: Drew LeBlanc and Andrew Prochno each had a goal and an assist to help the host Huskies earn a weekend sweep of the Chargers (0-3-1). St. Cloud State had a 42-18 advantage in shots on goal.
• BEMIDJI STATE 5, LAKE SUPERIOR STATE 0: Sophomore goaltender Andrew Walsh stopped 25 shots and junior forward Radoslav Illo had a goal and an assist to lead the visiting Beavers to a series split with the Lakers (2-2).
• ALASKA ANCHORAGE 6, MERRIMACK 3: Scott Allen had two goals and an assist, including one of the Seawolves' two first-period shorthanded goals in their victory over the Warriors (1-3) at the Alaska Goal Rush in Fairbanks. Blake Tatchell also scored twice for Alaska Anchorage.
• ALASKA FAIRBANKS 2, NORTH DAKOTA 1: Chad Gehon scored early in the third period, and the Nanooks (2-1-1) beat the Sioux at the Alaska Goal Rush. Colten St. Clair scored on a first-period power play for UND.
• NORTHERN MICHIGAN 2, NEBRASKA OMAHA 1: Jared Coreau stopped 35 of 36 shots and the Wildcats (3-1) earned a series split with the host Mavericks. Josh Archibald's goal gave Northern Michigan a 2-1 lead early in the second period.
• DENVER 5, AIR FORCE 2: Nick Shore scored a goal in each period and assisted on a fourth goal as the host Pioneers beat the Falcons (1-3). Denver outshot Air Force 42-24.
• MASSACHUSETTS LOWELL 3, COLORADO COLLEGE 1: Joseph Pendenza scored the tiebreaking goal in the third period that lifted the River Hawks (1-1-1) past the Tigers in Colorado Springs.
© 2016 Star Tribune