Wolves open preseason vs. Indiana in Fargo tonight
- Blog Post by: Jerry Zgoda
- October 10, 2012 - 6:23 PM
The Wolves and Pacers tip off the preseason tonight in Fargo.
A few things about the game:
* Follow me on Twitter at @JerryZgoda throughout the game and here on the web site for postgame reports and blogs because you can't see this one on television or hear it on radio.
* Luke Ridnour (back spasms) and Malcolm Lee (groin) did not make the trip and are out tonight. J.J. Barea will start at point guard and Will Conroy will be the backup because Rick Adelman said he does not want to force rookie Alexey Shved to play too much point right away.
* Pacers star Danny Granger (knee) is out and teammates George Hill and David West also will not play tonight.
* Barea will start alongside Brandon Roy at shooting guard, Andrei Kirilenko at small forward, Nikola Pekovic at center and Kevin Love at power forward.
* Roy said Adelman appears to be softening on his stance not to play Roy in back-to-back games Friday at Indiana and Saturday at home against Chicago. Roy said he hopes to test out the back-to-backs if he comes through tonight's game well.
* The Wolves are keeping on with this team unity thing: They had a team dinner at Manny's last weekend and Kevin Love picked up the bill. Tuesday night in Fargo, they all went to Chili's -- Roy lucked out and picked up the bill, at least compared to the hefty Manny's tab -- and then they went to the movies to see Taken 2.
© 2013 Star Tribune