Sunday Insider: Fourth-and-5
- Article by: MARK CRAIG
- Star Tribune
- October 6, 2012 - 7:09 PM
• Coach of the Year so far? 1. St. Louis' Jeff Fisher, who already has surpassed last year's win total of two. 2. The Vikings' Leslie Frazier, who has matched last year's win total of three.
• MVP race so far? 1. Falcons QB Matt Ryan, who is 4-0 with a league-high 112.1 passer rating, 11 TDs and two INTs. 2. Texans QB Matt Schaub, who also is 4-0 with a 105.3 passer rating and only one interception.
• Defensive Player of the Year so far: 1. Texans defensive end J.J. Watt, who has 7 1/2 sacks on the league's best defense. 2. Rams defensive back Cortland Finnegan, who has three interceptions, one touchdown and leads the league in driving receivers absolutely nuts.... two bold predictions
• RGIII will pull a Matty Ice and lead the Redskins to a game-winning fourth-quarter drive against Atlanta. That will leave Houston as the last undefeated team.
• Yep. Not giving up on my 0-4 Super Bowl-winning pick. The Saints will beat visiting San Diego on Sunday night.
© 2016 Star Tribune