Chart: Twins' top 10 prospects
- October 2, 2012 - 12:16 AM
The top prospects in the Twins farm system who have yet to make their major league debut (last 2012 team listed):
1. Miguel Sano, 3B, Beloit: Power potential worth drooling over.
2. Eddie Rosario, 2B, Beloit: Good bat. Will move to second work out?
3. Oswaldo Arcia, OF, New Britain: Could be prototypical corner outfielder.
4. Aaron Hicks, OF, New Britain: Finally starting to put it all together.
5. Byron Buxton, OF, Elizabethton: Faster than Ben Revere; better power potential.
6. Kyle Gibson, RHP, Rochester: All the way back from Tommy John surgery.
7. Jose Berrios, RHP, Elizabethton: Hard-throwing starting pitching prospect.
8. B.J. Hermsen, RHP, New Britain: Starter who relies on good control.
9. Mason Melotakis, LHP, Beloit: Hits 97 on the gun. Will he start or relieve?
10. Michael Tonkin, RHP, Fort Myers: Reliever averaged 12.6 Ks per nine innings.
© 2016 Star Tribune