Mark Craig's three NFL observations ... and two predictions
- Article by: MARK CRAIG
- Star Tribune
- September 15, 2012 - 6:20 PM
• The 49ers are realizing the benefits of a heavy long-term investment in the offensive line. Three of their five starters were first-round draft picks.
• It's amazing how quickly Peyton Manning has made Denver's offense identical to the Colts' old offense. Manning never played in an offense that had a catchy name. That's because his is an offense designed for one guy.
• Michael Vick played as bad as a quarterback can play and still win a game on the road. Had Browns rookie Brandon Weeden not played as poorly, Philly's Andy Reid would be en route to an 0-2 start against Baltimore.... and two predictions
• Panthers center Ryan Kalil's Super Bowl prediction will look even more silly when the Saints drop Carolina to 0-2.
• Washington loses at St. Louis, proving Robert Griffin III will not win every game and go directly to Canton.
© 2016 Star Tribune