Sullivan rests ankle, but is expected to play on Sunday
- Blog Post by: Mark Craig
- September 13, 2012 - 4:17 PM
Center John Sullivan was given a day to rest his injured ankle, but is expected to practice Friday and play in Sunday's game at Indianapolis, coach Leslie Frazier said after practice today.
"He was sore after the game [on Sunday] and was limited [Wednesday], so we felt it would be wise to give him a day to rest," Frazier said.
Cornerback Antoine Winfield also missed practice to attend the funeral of his younger brother, Anthony Travis, who was shot and killed in Akron, Ohio last week. Winfield is expected to practice on Friday.
Meanwhile, cornerback Chris Cook, who was limited on Wednesday because of a biceps injury, had full participation today. Linebacker Marvin Mitchell (ankle), safety Andrew Sendejo (ankle) and receiver Jarius Wright (ankle) all were limited in practice today.
If for some reason Sullivan can't play, he would be replaced by veteran Joe Berger, who filled in capably as a starter at all three interior positions during last season.
Meanwhile, from the Colts' injury report following today's practice:
- LB Pat Angerer (foot) did not participate.
- OLB Dwight Freeney (ankle) did not participate again.
- G Joe Reitz (knee) did not participate. He's expected to be listed as out on Friday.
- RT Winston Justice (concussion) went from limited on Wednesday to full participation today.
- WR Austin Collie (head) went from full participation on Wednesday to no participation today.
© 2013 Star Tribune