Phil Miller's Big Ten power poll
- September 7, 2012 - 1:03 AM
BIG TEN POWER POLL
1. Michigan State (1-0; at Central Michigan)
TB Le'Veon Bell ran for 210 yards -- maybe QB won't matter.
2. Ohio State (1-0; vs. Central Florida)
A scoreless first quarter? Buckeyes unhappy with 56-point output.
3. Wisconsin (1-0; at Oregon State)
Danny O'Brien passed first test as Badgers QB: 219 yards, two TDs.
4. Nebraska (1-0; at UCLA)
Is Taylor Martinez best QB in conference? Looked like it vs. Southern Miss.
5. Purdue (1-0; at Notre Dame)
Are Boilermakers good? Can prove it in South Bend, where they last won in 2004.
6. Michigan (0-1; vs. Air Force)
Counting Sugar Bowl, two awful running games in a row for Denard Robinson.
7. Northwestern (1-0; vs. Vanderbilt)
Escaped Syracuse with TDs on long punt return and fumble recovery.
8. Iowa (1-0; vs. Iowa State)
Nice comeback, but just one touchdown against Northern Illinois?
9. Illinois (1-0; at Arizona State)
QB Sheelhaase was great, but ankle injury may keep him out in Tempe.
10. Gophers (1-0; vs. New Hampshire)
So much for worries about WR depth: nine Gophers caught passes at UNLV.
11. Penn State (0-1; at Virginia)
Maybe emotion played too big a role vs. Ohio, or maybe Nittany Lions are bad.
12. Indiana (1-0; at UMass)
Imagine that: Hoosiers looking at 2-0? Now that's successful scheduling.
© 2013 Star Tribune