Paralympian Eames wins silver in London
- September 3, 2012 - 11:07 PM
Anna Eames of Golden Valley anchored the U.S. 400-meter freestyle women's swimming relay team to silver medals Monday at the Paralympic Games in London.
Australia won gold in a world-record 4 minutes, 20.39 seconds. Eames moved up one position on the anchor leg and touched in 4:24.57.
• Paul Nitz, a former Edina resident, was seventh in the men's T52 400 on the track. Ray Martin of the U.S. won in 58.54, and Nitz finished in 1:15.15. Nitz won bronze and Martin gold in Sunday's T52 200.
• Rose Hollermann of Elysian scored 10 points as the U.S. women's basketball team beat China 68-65.Etc.
• Katie Thyken scored in the 52nd minute as the Gophers soccer team beat Western Kentucky at home, improving to 4-2 on the season.
• The Saints closed out their 20th season with a 10-4 loss to Wichita at Midway Stadium, finishing 52-48.
© 2015 Star Tribune