Sunday supper: Lamb-Feta Burgers With Lemon-Dill Yogurt Sauce
- June 2, 2012 - 12:45 PM
LAMB-FETA BURGERS WITH LEMON-DILL YOGURT SAUCE
Makes 8 mini-burgers.
From "The Brokeass Gourmet Cookbook," by Gabi Moskowitz.
• 1/2 lb. lean ground lamb
• 1/2 red onion, finely diced
• 1 small bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped
• 2 oz. crumbled feta cheese
• 3 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus more for pan
• 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped, divided
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1/4 c. Greek yogurt
• Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
• 1/4 tsp. dried dill
• 1 c. fresh spinach leaves
• 4 small pita rounds, halved
In a mixing bowl, combine lamb, onion, parsley, feta, 2 teaspoons olive oil, 2 garlic cloves, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Very gently use hands to combine ingredients, being careful not to break the feta down. Form into 8 patties, about 2 1/2 inches wide. Set patties on a clean plate.
Lightly brush a grill pan, regular pan or grill with enough olive oil to lightly grease it. Cook burgers to desired doneness (medium rare would be 2 to 3 minutes on each side). Remove from heat.
Whisk together yogurt with remaining minced garlic clove, 1 teaspoon olive oil, lemon juice and zest, dill, salt and pepper to taste.
To serve burgers, place a small handful of spinach into each pita half. Place burger in with the spinach and drizzle with the yogurt sauce. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Star Tribune