Healthy family recipe: Chicken Caesar Wraps
- April 11, 2012 - 1:51 PM
CHICKEN CAESAR WRAPS
Note: Lavash is a thin flatbread that comes in both crisp and soft styles. This recipe calls for the soft version. Many supermarkets carry it in the refrigerator section; it's also available in Middle Eastern markets. You can substitute large flour tortillas or other flatbread for the lavash. From Meredith Deeds.
• 2 tbsp. low-fat mayonnaise
• 1 tbsp. olive oil
• 2 tsp. lemon juice
• 3 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
• 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
• Pinch of cayenne pepper
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 1/8 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
• 1 tbsp. water
• 4 c. chopped romaine lettuce
• 2 (20-in.) soft lavash, cut in half (see Note)
• 12 oz. roasted, skinned, boned chicken breast, shredded
• 4 roasted red peppers (you can use the jarred variety), sliced lengthwise into strips
To make dressing: In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, olive oil, lemon juice, Parmesan, mustard, cayenne pepper, garlic, black pepper and water. Add in the lettuce and toss to coat.
To assemble the sandwiches: Top each lavash half with 3 ounces of the chicken, 1 cup of the lettuce and 1/4 cup of the sliced roasted peppers. Roll up and serve.
Nutrition information per serving:
Calories 355 Fat 10 g Sodium 851 mg
Carbohydrates 32 g Saturated fat 3 g Calcium 138 mg
Protein 33 g Cholesterol 76 mg Dietary fiber 3 g
Diabetic exchanges per serving: 1 vegetable, 2 bread/starch, 3 1/2 lean meat.
© 2014 Star Tribune