Barea, Pekovic, Beasley all out tonight vs. Celtics
- Blog Post by: Jerry Zgoda
- March 30, 2012 - 12:51 PM
The Wolves won't be getting any help tonight against the surging Boston Celtics.
J.J. Barea, Nikola Pekovic and Michael Beasley all remain out.
Barea said he doesn't expect to go on the upcoming two-game trip to Portland and Sacramento but aims to play Wednesday at home against Golden State.
He said there's still some swelling in his bruised thigh and he can't run and jump on it yet after getting hit late in last Friday's game at Oklahoma City after reaching his first career triple-double that night.
Beasley remains out with that sprained toe.
And there was no sign of Pekovic this morning at the team's shootaround.
I hope to get an update this evening, but wouldn't be completely surprised if we don't see him again the rest of the season because of those bone spurs on his ankle.
A couple other things:
* Kevin Garnett did not talk at this morning's Celtics shootaround even though there were plenty of Minnesota media there wanting to speak to him, of course, about comments he made about the franchise after Wednesday's game against Utah.
* Former Washington and Wolves coach Flip Saunders visited the Celtics' shootaround this morning.
* This is the only meeting this season between the teams. Because of the 66-game season, the Wolves don't play at Boston this year.
© 2013 Star Tribune