Single-session tickets for regional released, new UND jersey in program
- Blog Post by: Roman Augustoviz
- March 23, 2012 - 11:32 AM
With ticket sales for the West Regional being a little sluggish, the organizing committee for the West Regional decided on Friday to start selling single-session tickets on Friday. Seats available are at the club level in the end zones. The price is $57 for both games on Saturday or for championship game on Sunday.
Here are the full details on the University of Minnesota web site.
Two-day ticket packages remain available, too, at $94.
UND JERSEYS UNVEILED
The North Dakota hockey team wanted to keep what its new jerseys would look like a secret until the players came on the ice on Saturday for their 12:30 p.m. game against Western Michigan.
But that plan went kaput once the first media member got a hold of the NCAA tournament program. It has a team photo of the team in its new jerseys. The story in the Grand Forks Herald is here.
The jerseys have an old school look. On the front of the jersey is each player's number in the middle, with the word North on top of the number and the word Dakota below it. The jersey is mostly white with green shoulders.
The NCAA told UND it could not use its nickname or American Indian-related logos in the national tournament.
EX-GOPHER TURNS PRO
Bemidji State forward Drew Fisher of International Falls has signed with the Tulsa Oilers of the CHL. He had three goals and one assist in 38 games with the Beavers this season. Fisher played for the Gophers for two seasons before he transferred to BSU.
UMD coach Scott Sandelin on 100.3-FM this morning:
* "The first two series this season we were 1-3 and people were wondering what was going on." The Bulldogs split with Notre Dame and were swept by the Gophers in their first four games.
* On two-OT loss to Denver in the Final Five semifinals: "We started slowly and dug ourselves a hole." UMD fell behind 3-0 before tying game 3-3 to send it into overtime.
* On DU's Jason Zucker, a Wild forward prospect: "I would be fine if they signed him and got him out of there early."
© 2013 Star Tribune