Cass County Panfish
- Blog Post by: Bill Klein
- January 30, 2012 - 12:22 PM
Son Jon just returned from a couple of evenings on the ice near Walker, Minnesota. Here's what he experienced.
* Sixteen inches of clear ice with very little snow on top.
* Found the pan fish in 23 feet of water.
* The hot terminal tackle was the Lindy Ice Bug.
* Tipped with wax worms.
* Day time fishing was mostly slow.
* The hot bite started at 5:00 p.m. and lasted about two hours.
* Put 15 crappies and 25 bluegills on the ice.
* All the crappies were small but cleanable. The bluegills ran large, some bigger than a hand.
* All the fish fried up real sweet.
© 2013 Star Tribune