Family recipe: Mixed roasted vegetabkes and pasta
- November 12, 2011 - 5:09 PM
MIXED ROASTED VEGETABLES AND PASTA
From "Betty Crocker Cookbook," new 11th edition.
• 1 medium green or yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-in. pieces
• 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-in. pieces
• 1 medium onion, cut into 8 wedges, separated
• 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-in. pieces
• 1 (8-oz.) pkg. fresh whole mushrooms
• 3 tbsp. olive or vegetable oil
• 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
• 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 1/4 tsp. pepper
• 2 c. uncooked pasta (rotelle or similar)
• 2 medium tomatoes, seeded, cut into 2-in. pieces
• 1/3 c. chopped fresh or 2 tbsp. dried basil leaves
• 2 c. (8 oz.) shredded Italian cheese blend
Heat oven to 450 degrees. In baking sheet with edges or in shallow 3-quart casserole, place bell peppers, onion, zucchini and mushrooms.
In small bowl, mix oil, vinegar, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; drizzle evenly over vegetables. Bake uncovered 25 to 30 minutes. Meanwhile, cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Add tomatoes, basil and pasta to vegetable mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered about 15 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender and cheese is melted.
Variation: Substitute baby portabella mushrooms for whole mushrooms and add 1/2 cup sliced, pitted olives with the tomatoes.
© 2017 Star Tribune