Sunday Insider: The 3-2 pitch
- July 16, 2011 - 5:51 PM
• Eric Hosmer and Mike Moustakas might be the poster boys for the Royals' revival, but Kansas City has several power arms in its bullpen who could develop into a major shutdown unit in a couple years.
• Robinson Cano's performance in the Home Run Derby was impressive. What's even more impressive: Since the start of 2007, Cano has played in 719 of 728 games.
• Danny Valencia leads the Twins with 47 RBI, but he could have so many more if he was just a tad better in run-scoring situations.... and two predictions
• The Giants will win the NL West but will get some major heat from the Rockies before it's over. Since 2006, Colorado has the third-best record in the NL after the break.
• In the next few months, the Mets will be officially awarded the 2013 All-Star Game. Then sometime next year, despite efforts by the Cubs to screw up the AL/NL rotation, the Twins will be awarded the 2014 game. The Cubs want the game because it will be the 100th anniversary of Wrigley Field, but Boston tried that with Fenway Park for 2012 and it didn't work.
© 2014 Star Tribune