Minnesota State signs five players; Bemidji State four
- Blog Post by: Roman Augustoviz
- April 19, 2011 - 11:39 PM
The late signing period for men's college hockey started last Wednesday and two WCHA teams were busy.
Minnesota State signed five players to national letters of intent for next season:
* D Mat Knoll, Edmonton, Alberta ... He is 6-0, 180 and turns 22 in August. ... He has played in the Alberta Junior Hockey League for three seasons. ... He has six goals and 17 assists for 23 points in 53 games for Spruce Grove.
* F Max Gaede, Woodbury ... He is playing for Sioux City in the USHL. ... He is 6-2, 191 and 20 years old.
* R Jean-Paul Lafontaine, Oxford, Mich. ... He is playing for Green Bay of the USHL. He is 5-10, 172 and he is 20.
* D Zach Palmquist, South St. Paul ... He is 5-11, 175 and age 21. He plays for Waterloo of the USHL.
* D Brett Stern, Lino Lakes ... He is 6-3, 186. He is 20.
Bemidji State signed four players:
* F Mitch Cain, Fort Frances, Ontario ... The 6-2, 205-pound Cain is second on his Des Moines team in the USHL in goals with 19 and fifth in points (27).
* F Danny Mattson, Minneapolis ... He is 5-10, 184 and is from Minneapolis. He split his time this season between Chicago and Youngstown in the USHL this season. He had five goals and seven assists for 12 points.
* F Sean Rudy, Long Sault, Ontario ... He is 6-3, 190 and was a first team USHL all-star playing for the Wellington Dukes. He led the Dukes in scoring with 22 goals and 51 assists for 73 points. Wellingto won the OJHL East Division title.
* Aaron Walsh, Dawson Creek, B.C. ... He had a 3.70 goals-against average and .902 save percentage. He made at least 30 saves in 19 of his 32 games. ... He is 6-2, 200.
© 2017 Star Tribune