Michael Russo's short takes: Nov. 18
- Article by: Michael Russo
- Star Tribune
- November 17, 2007 - 11:31 AM
Unorthodox week, to say the least.
1. Now that former Minnesota Duluth Bulldog Brett Hull is the "co-interim GM" in Dallas, how long before Jeremy Roenick is coach? Just imagine how big a "Gong Show" this will be, although it's guaranteed to be fun.
Hull's first duty assigned by owner Tom Hicks? Find a scoring winger.
"Now I have to put my money where my mouth is," Hull said.
2. Toronto Maple Leafs rookie Jiri Tlusty, 19, got caught with his pants down when some naked photos of himself that he sent to a girlfriend got on the Internet.
One Toronto TV station ran one with a blue Maple Leaf over his privates.
3. And then there's Big Mouth Sean Avery, who was involved in a pregame scuffle with Darcy Tucker and Minnesota's own Jason Blake, reportedly because of some low-brow trash-talking. "He has no sense of class," said Tucker, a poster child for class (ha). Added Wade Belak, "If he keeps this up, someone is going to kill him."
© 2016 Star Tribune