- January 1, 2011 - 2:53 PM
From "7-Day Menu Planner for Dummies," by Susan Nicholson.
• 12 oz. boneless pork loin, sliced into 1/8- by 2-in. strips
• 1 tsp. chili powder
• 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
• 1/4 tsp. cumin
• 1 tbsp. cornstarch
•1/3 c. water
• 2 tsp. soy sauce
• 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
• 1 c. thinly sliced fresh carrots
• 3 c. bok choy
• 1 small red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-in. strips
• 1/4 c. walnut pieces
In a resealable plastic bag, combine pork strips, chili powder, red pepper flakes and cumin; shake to distribute spices.
Mix together cornstarch, water and soy sauce; set aside.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork strips and carrots, and stir-fry 4 minutes. Add bok choy and red bell pepper to skillet; stir-fry 4 more minutes or until vegetables are softened.
Add soy sauce mixture and walnuts; stir-fry 1 minute or until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Star Tribune