- December 18, 2010 - 9:21 AM
From "7-Day Menu Planner for Dummies," by Susan Nicholson.
• 8 oz. spaghetti noodles
• 1 (8-oz.) pkg. fresh mushrooms, sliced
• 1/2 c. sliced green onions
• 1 tbsp. butter or margarine
• 1/4 c. flour
• 1/8 tsp. pepper
• 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
• 11/4 c. fat-free chicken broth
• 11/4 c. half-and-half
• 2 c. chopped cooked chicken breast
• 2 tbsp. dry sherry, if desired
• 1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
• 1/4 c. toasted, sliced almonds
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook mushrooms and green onions in hot butter for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour, pepper and nutmeg. Add broth and half-and-half all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
Stir in chicken, sherry, and half the Parmesan cheese. Add cooked spaghetti; stir gently to coat.
Transfer mixture to a 9- by 13-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and almonds.
Bake, uncovered, 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through.
© 2016 Star Tribune