KIMBALL, S.D. — A pregnant South Dakota woman has been airlifted to a Minneapolis burn unit after her stomach and legs were burned by a grease fire.

The Daily Republic reports 20-year-old Pam Bice, of Kimball, was burned Monday after she collided with her sister, who was trying to remove a burning pan from her home. Bice's sister had found the fire in her kitchen and grabbed the pan to take it outside when they ran into each other.

Bice, who is 33 weeks pregnant, says the fire made her pants melt onto her legs. Her sister's hands were treated in Chamberlain, but Bice was airlifted to Minneapolis because of the severity of her burns.

She says she'll be hospitalized for about a week.