The Anoka-Hennepin school board will interview candidates this month for the seat vacated by Kathy Tingelstad, who resigned in March.
The plan is to appoint someone by the July 9 meeting. The new member will serve until January 2014, representing eastern Coon Rapids and southwest Andover. The people who applied are:
• Jennifer Drummy, Coon Rapids, a Sand Creek Elementary volunteer, Coon Rapids.
• William F. Hammes, Coon Rapids, a former educator and longtime resident.
• Roger Johnson, Coon Rapids, member of Parent Legislative Team, Discovery Team, Facilities Use Task Force.
• Kelly J. Larrabee, Coon Rapids, school and community volunteer.
• Patrick J. Murray, Coon Rapids, former teacher, administrator, now a professor. Ran for the seat in 2010.
• Jeff Simon, Coon Rapids, member of Future Focus team, parent. Ran in 2008, 2010.
• Tiffany Strabala, Andover, former early childhood, parent teacher, paraprofessional.