Don’t expect Minnesota’s presidential hopefuls to withdraw from this straw poll.
Both former Gov. Tim Pawlenty and Rep. Michele Bachmann are included on a list of 15 GOP 2012 presidential hopefuls for a straw poll at the Conservative Political Action Conference this weekend.
Pawlenty and Bachmann are speaking at the annual conference in Washington, along with most potential Republican presidential candidates (10 of the 15 included in the poll).
Back in September, both Minnesotans were initially included on a straw poll at the Values Voter Summit, another conservative gathering in Washington. But Pawlenty pulled out of the poll because he was in Asia, and Bachmann, who spoke at that conference, took her name off at the last minute.
At the time, Pawlenty was the only Minnesotan openly considering a White House bid.
While this weekend’s straw poll is only a survey of conference-goers — and Texas Rep. Ron Paul won last year — the result will still signal strength for presidential hopefuls among conservative activists as candidates near the official starting gate.
The poll's results will be released on Saturday at the close of the conference.
Here’s the full list of candidates in the straw poll, with a star next to those speaking:
1. Rep. Michele Bachmann, Minn.*2. Gov. Haley Barbour, Miss.*3. Herman Cain, Former Godfather Pizza C.E.O.*4. Gov. Chris Christie, N.J.
5. Gov. Mitch Daniels, Ind.*6. Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich *
7. Former Gov. Mike Huckabee, Ark.8. Former Gov. Jon Huntsman, Utah
9. Former Gov. Gary Johnson, N.M.10. Former Gov. Sarah Palin, Alaska
11. Rep. Ron Paul, Tex. *12. Former Gov. Tim Pawlenty, Minn.*
13. Former Gov. Mitt Romney, Mass.*14. Former Sen. Rick Santorum, Penn.*
15. Sen. John Thune, S.D.*16. Other