The failure of Congress to limit campaign fundraising and the Citizens United decision were not good for Republicans or Democrats.
If you do not want Planned Parenthood or the NRA, George Soros or the Koch brothers, tree-huggers or climate deniers controlling the agenda, stop sending them your hard-earned money.
Jill Page, Rockford, Minn.
* * *
In The News
Here’s a crack at rating the paper’s priorities
As a longtime Star Tribune subscriber, I’ve become aware of what the top 10 issues are confronting Minnesotans today, based on the amount of space your paper seems to devote to them.
1. Tax-subsidized sports stadiums
2. Bicyclists and bike trails
3. The Minnesota Orchestra (Actually tied with #2)
4. Gay marriage
5. The very sad and numerous murders, particularly on the North Side of Minneapolis
7. The Martin/Zimmerman trial
8. A baby born in Britain
9. Minorities in our community
10. Beetles and bees
Note: Our illustrious state Legislature barely placed out of the top 10.
The Opinion section is produced by the Editorial Department to foster discussion about key issues. The Editorial Board represents the institutional voice of the Star Tribune and operates independently of the newsroom.