10,000 Minutes of Minnesota Craft Beer Week is back again from May 5th until May 11th. This year you can expect to find special firkin tappings, all day Happy Hours, beer art, special releases, and tap takeovers. All in all there are over 80 events and you can find them all on a calendar using this link.
- Indeed Brewing will be releasing LSD in the taproom in bomber bottles on May 16th and will begin showing up in stores on May 19th.
- Parkway Pilsner from Lift Bridge is now available in tallboy cans at liquor stores. This is the first time it will be available in stores.
- Summit will soon (by the end of the month) be available in cans around town. The three varieties available in cans will be EPA, Sága, and Summer Ale. Check out the fancy new packaging here!
- On Friday (May 9th) Surly will be releasing Pentagram at Amsterdam Hall in St. Paul at 4 PM as part of Minnesota Craft Beer Week.
- Schell’s has released Noble Star #3 North Country Brünette, the third in the Berliner Weiss Collection. Jace Marti will be pouring samples of this brew at The Four Firkins on Tuesday, May 6th starting at 6 PM.
In political news the growler language was removed from the liquor bill in the Senate Tax Committee today. This is another black eye on modern politics as monetary contributions from lobbies—and threats to re-open contract negotiations from the Teamsters Union continue to influence the way that local politicians vote on the issue. Senator Roger Reinert (DFL from Duluth) will push the matter again (full repeal) in the fall in order to gain support for next session.