1. A MEMORY OF LIGHT, by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson. (Tor/Tom Doherty, $34.99.) The 14th and final novel in the Wheel of Time fantasy series.
2. GONE GIRL, by Gillian Flynn. (Crown, $25.) A woman disappears on her fifth anniversary; is her husband a killer?
3. TENTH OF DECEMBER, by George Saunders. (Random House, $26.) Stories that take on the big questions.
4. KINSEY AND ME, by Sue Grafton. (Marian Wood/Putnam, $27.95.) Stories about Grafton's character Kinsey Millhone as well as explorations of Grafton's own past.
5. COLLATERAL DAMAGE, by Stuart Woods. (Putnam, $26.95.) Back in New York, the lawyer Stone Barrington joins his former partner Holly Barker in pursuing a dangerous case.
6. THE HUSBAND LIST, by Janet Evanovich and Dorien Kelly. (St. Martin's, $27.99.) In New York City in 1894, a wealthy young woman yearns for adventure and the love of an Irish-American with new money, rather than the titled Britons to whom her mother hopes to marry her off.
7. THE TWELVE TRIBES OF HATTIE, by Ayana Mathis. (Knopf, $24.95.) Fifty-some years in the life of an African-American family whose matriarch arrives in Philadelphia in 1923.
8(x). THE BLOOD GOSPEL, by James Rollins and Rebecca Cantrell. (Morrow/HarperCollins, $27.99.) A hunt for the truth about a shadowy ancient order and a book supposed to have been written in Christ's own hand and in his blood; the first book in the Order of the Sanguines series.
9. THE RACKETEER, by John Grisham. (Doubleday, $28.95.) An imprisoned ex-lawyer schemes to exchange information about a murdered federal judge for his freedom.
10. DREAM EYES, by Jayne Ann Krentz. (Putnam, $26.95.) A psychic counselor, returning to a small Oregon town after her mentor's suspicious death, is drawn to a psychic investigator with disturbing power; a Dark Legacy novel.
1. KILLING KENNEDY, by Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard. ( Holt, $28.) The host of "The O'Reilly Factor" recounts the events surrounding the assassination of John F. Kennedy.
2. MY SHARE OF THE TASK, by Stanley McChrystal. (Portfolio/Penguin, $29.95.) The former commander of U.S. forces in Afghanistan, now retired, reviews his career.
3. NO EASY DAY, by Mark Owen with Kevin Maurer. (Dutton, $26.95.) An account by a former member of the Navy SEALs, written pseudonymously, of the mission that killed bin Laden.
4(x). THOMAS JEFFERSON, by Jon Meacham. (Random House, $35.) The Pulitzer Prize-winning biographer celebrates Jefferson's skills as a practical politician.
5. THE WORLD UNTIL YESTERDAY, by Jared Diamond. (Viking, $36.) The author of "Guns, Germs, and Steel" examines what we can learn from traditional societies.
6. KILLING LINCOLN, by Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard. (Holt, $28.) The host of "The O'Reilly Factor" recounts the events surrounding the assassination of Abraham Lincoln.
7. THE DUDE AND THE ZEN MASTER, by Jeff Bridges and Bernie Glassman. (Blue Rider, $26.95.) The actor and the Zen master, longtime friends, examine the wisdom of Bridges' character the Dude from the 1998 cult classic "The Big Lebowski."
8. UNBROKEN, by Laura Hillenbrand. (Random House, $27.) An Olympic runner's story of survival as a prisoner of the Japanese in World War II after his plane went down over the Pacific.
9. BEHIND THE BEAUTIFUL FOREVERS, by Katherine Boo. (Random House, $27.) A journalist reports on families striving for better lives in a Mumbai slum.
10(x). THE POWER OF HABIT, by Charles Duhigg. (Random House, $28.) A Times reporter's account of the science behind how we form, and break, habits.
ADVICE, HOW-TO AND MISCELLANEOUS
1. SHRED: THE REVOLUTIONARY DIET, by Ian K. Smith. (St. Martin's, $24.99.) A six-week system that combines meal spacing, snacking, meal replacement, strategic exercise and other elements.
2. THE PLAN, by Lyn-Genet Recitas. (Grand Central Life and Style, $25.99.) A 20-day program that offers individualized help for weight loss.
3. NINJA INNOVATION, by Gary Shapiro. (Morrow/HarperCollins, $25.99.) Ten strategies observed at the world's most successful businesses.
4. WHEAT BELLY COOKBOOK, by William Davis. (Rodale, $27.99.) This "Wheat Belly" companion contains 150 recipes that are free of modern wheat.
5. FAT CHANCE, by Robert H. Lustig. (Hudson Street, $25.95.) A course of action for beating the odds against sugar, processed food, obesity and disease.
Rankings reflect sales for the week of Jan. 12 at thousands of venues nationwide. An (x) indicates that a book's sales are barely distinguishable from theose of the book above. A (b) indicates that some booksellers report receiving bulk orders.