Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Tuesday:
1. WHAT'S NEXT FOR HIJACKER
The co-pilot who commandeered an Ethiopian jetliner is asking for asylum in Switzerland. But authorities say a prison cell is more likely.
2. IRAN TALKS BEGIN ANEW — AMID PESSIMISM
Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, the nation's supreme leader, predicts the negotiations aimed at reaching a final accord on Tehran's nuclear program "will lead nowhere."
3. UN WARNS NORTH KOREA'S KIM
The Communist leader could be held accountable for widespread crimes against civilians in the secretive Asian nation, an investigative panel concludes.
4. KNOTTY CHALLENGE FOR POPE FRANCIS
The church's core teachings on sexual morals, birth control, homosexuality and divorce are rejected by the vast majority of Catholics.
5. HOW JIMMY FALLON VIEWS NEW GIG
He says that NBC's venerable "Tonight" under his regime won't be notably different from his "Late Night" show.
6. NEW BLOW FOR EGYPT'S SLUMPING TOURISM INDUSTRY
The deadly suicide bombing of a bus carrying tourists near the beach resorts of the Red Sea threatens to scare off even more visitors.
7. WHY ARCTIC ISN'T AS BRIGHT, WHITE AS IT USED TO BE
Scientists say more ice melting in the ocean means more dark, open water, at least in the summer.
8. DR. HEIMLICH'S LATEST MANEUVER
The inventor of the life-saving, anti-choking technique has written a memoir.
9. RUSSIAN WOMEN PROTEST BAN ON LACY LINGERIE