For a certain kind of movie fan, a trailer that touts "Milla Jovovich in 3D" is like the promise of Christmas. Even though it wasn't screened for review, "Resident Evil: Retribution" (R for sequences of strong violence throughout) will unquestionably deliver:
• M.J., hot-eyed and grim in a tight-as-a-drum vinyl catsuit
• Exploding highway barricades
• Machine pistol firing while cartwheeling in sexy slow motion
• An evil guy in sunglasses
• Zombies riding motorcycles
Really, what more do you want? The franchise continues to grow (the last installment made $300 million) because it is sheer silly spectacle that rattles your brain like a pinball machine. I am not proud to admit that I am all ajitter to see this, but there it is. Look online for our review at startribune.com/movies.