Bulls stop George, beat Pacers
CHICAGO – Jimmy Butler scored 17 points for Chicago and played tough defense on Paul George on Indiana's final possession, helping the Bulls hold on for a 96-95 victory over the Pacers on Monday night.
Butler stayed with George in the final seconds and contested his difficult fadeaway shot that was well short as time expired, giving the Bulls their third straight win.
"Jimmy made some huge plays for us down the stretch," Bulls coach Fred Hoiberg said. "Not only the last play, but he made some big baskets."
Derrick Rose scored 23 points on 9-for-18 shooting for Chicago but departed with about six minutes remaining after he sprained his left ankle. Doug McDermott scored 11 points.
• MAVS KEEP 76ERS WINLESS: Dirk Nowitzki scored 21 points, including seven during a pivotal stretch late in the fourth quarter, to lead visiting Dallas to a 92-86 victory over Philadelphia. Jahlil Okafor had 19 points and 11 rebounds for the 76ers, who have lost all 11 games this season and 21 in a row dating back to last season.
• KNIGHT POWERS SUNS: Brandon Knight had 30 points, 15 assists and 10 rebounds for his first career triple-double and Phoenix ran past the visiting Lakers 120-101. Eric Bledsoe added 21 points and T.J. Warren had 19 for the Suns.
• CELTICS DEFEAT ROCKETS: Isaiah Thomas scored 23 points and visiting Boston used a 32-point third quarter to pull away and cruise to a 111-95 victory over slumping Houston. It was the third straight win for the Celtics and gave Houston a four-game losing streak.
• SPURS' STREAK HITS FIVE: Kawhi Leonard scored 19 points and Manu Ginobili added 17 as San Antonio overcame a listless start to beat visiting Portland 93-80 for its fifth straight victory.
• GRIZZLIES OUTLAST THUNDER: Newcomer Mario Chalmers scored 16 of his season-high 29 points in the fourth quarter and Memphis held on for a 122-114 victory over visiting Oklahoma City.