Here are three observations …
• Josmil Pinto sees 4.42 pitches per plate appearance and his rate of a home run every 16.6 at bats is the best on the Twins. Get him in the lineup.
• It's great to see that former Twin Frank Viola has recovered from open heart surgery and is about to return to his role as the Mets' Class AAA pitching coach.
• Seven home runs in seven days? Now I see why the Astros tried to sign George Springer in spring training to a long-term deal before he spent a day in the majors.
… and two predictions
• Trevor May will beat Alex Meyer to the majors this season.
• Meyer, in fact, will pitch very little for the Twins this season, if at all. They are monitoring his innings and limiting his pitch counts.