The rental licenses for two Minneapolis properties were revoked by the City Council on Friday.
California resident Robert Faison lost his license for a property at a single family home at 4105 5th Av. S. after code violations discovered on May 11, 2011 went uncorrected.
Since 2009 Faison has been fined $6,430 for 14 uncorrected violations including deteriorating walls, “combustible materials and rodent harborages,” unmowed grass, broken handrails as well as unpaid inspection fees.
Keith Lentz lost his rental license for a two-unit property at 1919 10th Av. S. for failing to pay a $1,325.75 civil judgment against him. City records indicated Lentz “wrongfully” withheld $750 of a renter’s security deposit.
More from Star Tribune
More from Whistleblower
The Whistleblower column and blog are shutting down, but our commitment remains to investigating tips from readers.
A Baltimore couple and their company were ordered to pay back $616,000 to Spanish-speaking immigrants for immigration services that they were neither qualified nor authorized to provide, the Federal Trade Commission announced last week.
A company that labeled millions of Facebook users as a "jerk" or "not a jerk" is facing federal scrutiny after the agency said it improperly obtained information to create user profiles.
CenterPoint agreed last week to pay at least $192,500 to settle a lawsuit filed by the City of Minneapolis and various insurance companies after a gas explosion near a south Minneapolis Cub Foods in 2011.
A company accused of "mortgage scams" spent at least $2 million for a direct-mail campaign aimed at Minnesota veterans, according to the Minnesota Department of Commerce.
Recommended For You
The 2017 rates released Friday are for the individual market where about 5 percent of state residents buy coverage.
Allina says it compromised, while the union is neutral on offer.
Preservationists were unable to muster the $6.3 million required to halt the process.
They broke their team record with their 103rd loss of the year.
Plunging deeper into campaign controversy, Donald Trump publicly shamed a former beauty queen on Friday for her "disgusting" sexual past and then — in one of presidential history's more bizarre moments — encouraged Americans to watch a "sex tape" he said would support his case.