A 22-year-old Minneapolis man has been indicted by a grand jury on first-degree murder charges in connection with the shooting death of one woman and the wounding of another over the July 4th weekend, prosecutors said.
Ryan Jambone Pettis was charged with first-degree premeditated murder and attempted first-degree murder in an indictment returned by a grand jury last week. Pettis is accused of fatally shooting Francesca Desandre, 24, on the morning of July 5 on the front steps of her home, moments after authorities say he shot another woman.
Another man, Marco Gresham, of Minneapolis, remains in custody on an attempted murder charge in connection with the same shooting, police said.
Authorities say that earlier that night, Pettis shot a female party goer at a house party on the 2600 block of 3rd Street N. Desandre was shot as she fled for cover after hearing the gunshots, police said
The other victim, identified in the initial police report as V.G., was later taken to North Memorial Medical Center, where doctors performed emergency surgery to repair “extensive internal damage.”
Pettis remains in Hennepin County Jail in lieu of $2 million bond.
UPDATE: An earlier verison of this post misstated the charges against the second suspect, Marco Gresham.