A Holiday Consumer Behavior Study by Star Tribune queried the holiday shopping patterns of our readers along with shoppers in 30 other markets. Find out how our readers may save Christmas this year.
What makes Star Tribune's audience great holiday shoppers?
1) They're an affluent, educated audience:
57% have a household income of >$75k
2) Their flexibility and generosity fueled 2013 spending:
70% have no set budget for holiday spending
3) They're looking for ideas, inspirations and deals:
83% will use newspapers to make holiday shopping decisions
4) They do their shopping early:
36% are almost done by Thanksgiving, and 88% by December 15
5) They prefer a value-driven, in-store experience:
Discount retailers (80%) and department stores (78%) are their most popular places to shop, and they are less likely to shop online than shoppers in other markets
With money to spend and a desire to shop early, our readers are looking to advertisers for gift ideas, holiday offers and special promotions. Don't disappoint; make their holiday wishes come true and reap the benefits of this valuable, engaged audience.
To boost your holiday sales by reaching Star Tribune readers, contact: Mike Maslow, 612.673.4106
Target a lucrative audience of active adults, seniors and those planning for them with our quarterly lifestyle guide, The Good Life.
Rich with editorial content, this quarterly publication covers work, financial matters, housing, health and wellness, travel and leisure, family matters and more to help baby boomers, and family members assisting them, smoothly navigate important life transitions. It's a great fit for clients in financial services, luxury auto, high-end clothing, and travel.
More than 220,000 copies of this 4-color tab printed on premium stock will be distributed in the Wednesday, October 22 Star Tribune. An additional 15,000 will be available on high-traffic metro racks. A digital version, with ongoing updates, is also available at StarTribune.com. Our strong, multi-platform distribution provides extensive access to this large demographic backed by plenty of spending power.
With advertising packages that include print, digital and a highly targeted Advantage email sent to 50,000 of your most desirable prospects, The Good Life, makes good sense for advertisers seeking a bigger share of the baby boomer market.
Include The Good Life in your advertising plan. Contact: Steve Engelhart, 612.673.4950
More than 1 million metro adults have children under the age of 17 and a median household income over $79K. With a higher than average consumption of goods and services, this audience is a must-reach for marketers.
Prep Sports coverage offers your business numerous ways to reach this highly lucrative audience segment at home, work and on the go.
Here's the line-up:
- Sponsoring Preps Sports Hubs at StarTribune.com puts your business in the center of the action as fans seek out stats, standings, schedules and updates on their favorite high school teams.
- The Preps section in Wednesday's Star Tribune Sports is your mid-week powerhouse. With a feature flag, your message dominates in readers' minds.
- Preps apps for Football, Boy's and Girl's Hockey, Boy's and Girl's Basketball let you grab more fans with winning offers they can access on the fly.
Choose one of these multi-media platforms or work with your rep to develop a custom package that teams up print and digital for a full-court press of the Preps. Either way, Preps is a proven game plan for scoring greater visibility with valuable consumers.
Ready to win big with Preps? Contact: Jason Cole, 612.673.7715
Unlock the true potential of your customer data with Market & Customer Analytics from Star Tribune. With information and insights from these data-driven services, you can deepen customer and prospect knowledge to drive new opportunities and attract more business.
Fuel sales growth with extensive analysis of your customers and market opportunities. Star Tribune can help you identify new opportunities that go beyond advertising, setting you up for greater business success. Our team of data experts provides the analysis and helps you navigate the numbers by distilling the information into solutions for reaching prospects, customers and your business goals.
We help you answer the important questions:
- Who are my best and most profitable customers?
- What are their demographic, socio-economic and psychographic characteristics?
- What does my trade area really look like?
- Where can I find prospective customers and how can I reach them?
- And, more.
Get the knowledge you need to understand your customers, your prospects and the untapped opportunities up ahead.
Want to know your customers better? Contact your account executive today.