– Authorities have released the name of the man who died in a house fire in northern Minnesota last week.

The Cass County Sheriff's Office identified the victim as Hubert Braman, 79, of Cass Lake.

Authorities said the Ramsey County Medical Examiner's Office determined that Braman died of carbon monoxide poisoning caused by smoke inhalation.

The fire was reported late Friday in the town of Cass Lake.

Firefighters arrived and found the house engulfed in flames. Braman's body was found inside early Saturday.

The State Fire Marshal's Office is helping to investigate.

ASSOCIATED PRESS