Long gone are the days where you could only find mass produced macro lagers at The Great Minnesota Get Together. Now there are a plethora of options and I’ve highlighted a handful of them for you to seek out as the fair approaches.
- Three Hour Tour from Town Hall Brewery – This beer is hard to come by as it’s only released a couple times a year at the brewery, but you can find it at the fair this year. Think of a liquid Mounds bar, chocolate and coconut and a brew that’s almost too sweet. You’ll need to purchase this in a flight at the Land of 10,000 Beers exhibit located in the Agriculture/Horticulture building.
- One Five Five from Schell’s Brewing – This well balanced, yet complex amber brew which celebrates 155 years of brewing in New Ulm can be found at the Schell’s Stage. Expect some toffee notes and a nice dry finish on this one, perfect for fair weather.
- Excelsior Maple Bacon Brown Ale – One has to be intrigued by this little gem which can be found at Giggle’s Campfire Grill. This has gimmick written all over it—but who can really resist the thought of a smoke laced, maple and bacon flavored treat? How very Minnesotan….
- Berryswell from Indeed Brewing – This has been one of my favorite brews this summer which is probably largely due to the Mosaic hops. They call this a Blueberry Mosaic Pale Ale but don’t be fooled by the stigma of sweet fruity beers because this one is a hop explosion in the mouth. Find this at Giggle’s Campfire Grill, and by all means drink this one all day long. I won’t judge you.
- Cromulence from Fair State Brewing – Fair State has one of the best sour programs going in the state and you’d be a fool not to try this refreshingly tart darling. Find this as part of a flight at the Land of 10,000 Beers exhibit.