• 7 p.m. Aug. 20, Long Time Gone on Parkers Lake Stage.
• Sunset on Aug. 21, movie “E.T.” at Hilde.
• 7 p.m. Aug. 22, Compass Rose Brass at the Hilde Amphitheater.
For more information, go to PlymouthMN.gov">www.PlymouthMN.gov.
Drama camps for kids to be held Aug. 12-17
Two drama camps for kids ages 6-11 are scheduled for Aug. 12-17 at the Plymouth Creek Center’s Black Box Theatre, 14800 34th Av.
Both camps will be headed up by musician and theater director Allison Raney. They are sponsored by the Plymouth Parks and Rec Department.
• “Music and Movement for the Stage” will guide students in using creative improvisation. Participants will focus on stage presence, vocal techniques using a microphone, creative movement, ballet technique, musical theater, jazz and contemporary dance. The camp will be held 1-4 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m.-noon Saturday.
• “Stories in Motion” will guide students through games and exercises to work on stage presence and presentational skills. The camp will focus on storytelling, improvisation, character development, props and costumes. This camp will be held 9 a.m.-noon Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m.-noon Saturday.
Family and friends are invited to attend a performance in the Black Box Theatre at 11 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 17.
Cost of either camp is $150. To register, call 763-509-5223.
Carver County day at the Arboretum
Carver County residents will be admitted free to the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum on Friday, Aug. 2, in observance of Chanhassen and Carver County Day.
Arboretum Director Ed Schneider will welcome city and county officials at a public ceremony at 10 a.m., followed by walking tours and story times for kids. A Trumpet Creeper Tram will give tours of Three-Mile Drive throughout the day for $3.
The arboretum is located 9 miles west of I-494 on Hwy. 5.