Events mark Older Americans Month
Bloomington’s Human Services Division is celebrating seniors in May with free events that focus on hobbies, fitness, education and volunteering.
Events at Creekside Community Center are:
• An ethical issues workshop May 14 from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.;
• An aging-in-place workshop for caregivers and families, May 18 from 9 to 11 a.m.;
• Stroke prevention and treatment, May 20 from 12:30 to 3 p.m.;
• Exploring options in caring for older adults, May 21 from 7 to 8:30 p.m.;
• An orientation meeting for the Creekside Flower Club, May 24 from 9 to 10:30 a.m.;
• On May 18, the Walk to Run Club will meet at 9 a.m. at the Normandale Lake Bandshell.
Registration is required for all events. Call 952-563-4948 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Neal speaks to League of Women Voters
Edina City Manager Scott Neal will speak about issues facing the city at the League of Women Voters Edina’s annual meeting on Thursday, May 9, at St. Albans Church, 6717 Gleason Road.
The meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m. with appetizers. Neal will speak at 7 p.m.
Photos sought for ‘Images of Edina’
Photos can be submitted now for Edina’s 10th annual “Images of Edina” photo contest, which is open to amateur and professional photographers who live, work in or attend school in the city.