Comcast is proposing the same $1.50 late fee increase metrowide.
The last late fee increase took place in 2010, when the fee was increased from $7 to $8.
SOUTH ST. PAUL
Skate with Santa at Wakota Arena
South St. Paul and the Wakota Federal Credit Union will sponsor the city’s annual Skate with Santa on Saturday, Dec. 14, from 11:10 a.m. to 12:10 p.m., at Wakota Arena, 141 S. Sixth St. in South St. Paul.
Those without skates may bring a non–perishable food item and get a free skate rental. Without the donation, skate rental is $2. Holiday music and refreshments will be provided.
For additional information, contact Deb Griffith, community affairs liaison, at 651-554-3230 or email@example.com.
Members needed on advisory boards
Dakota County has extended invitations to members of the public to join the volunteer advisory committees that advise the Board of Commissioners.
To get an application, call 651-438-4418. Applications will be accepted until Dec. 20, or until all openings are filled.
The committees include:
• The Planning Commission, which reviews plans and proposals and makes policy recommendations to the County Board regarding transportation, transit, parks, trails and greenways, land conservation, water resources and environmental management. The Planning Commission may review capital projects or be asked by the County Board to address emerging issues. The panel also considers conditional use permits in the shoreland and floodplain areas of Dakota County. The committee meets monthly or as necessary in Apple Valley.
• The Human Services Advisory Committee, which deals with social services, public health and income maintenance. It meets monthly in West St. Paul.
• The Library Board, which participates in planning library facilities and services, sets operating policies for the library system and prepares the annual budget. The board meets monthly at various library locations.
• The Personnel Board of Appeals, which provides the County Board with impartial analyses concerning appeals filed by employees or job applicants. Board members must have 10 or more years of managerial experience or comparable qualifications. Board members may not have a contractual, commercial or professional relationship with Dakota County. The board meets for full-day or half-day hearings as needed in Hastings.
• The Public Art Citizen Advisory Committee, which recommends art projects for county buildings to the County Board. The committee meets monthly in Apple Valley.