Shade Pratt is the leading scorer (18 goals her junior season) returning for Rosemount's girls' soccer team. She also runs track. Here is a closer and entertaining look at Pratt:
• Best movie I've seen in the past year: "Inception."
• Three songs I never skip on my iPod are ...? "Waka Waka" by Shakira; "Dynamite" by Taio Cruz; "Something Beautiful" by Need to Breathe.
• Three words my friends or teammates might use to describe me: Funny, outgoing, competitive.
• How did you get started playing soccer? I used to do ballet and tap as a child. My brother was the one who enjoyed playing soccer. One day, he brought home a trophy and I asked to touch it because it looked cool and shiny. He said, "No, get your own!" So, that's exactly what I went out and did. I quit dancing and joined a co-ed soccer team.
• What are you working on in the offseason? Allowing the ball to be my best friend. This involves being comfortable whenever the ball is at my feet and working on my touch with the ball.
• How do you balance school and sports during the year? School comes first before everything. I can go out and play my sport, but every second of down time I have is devoted to my head in a book until I've finished my homework and fully understand the material.
• What is the best sports advice you ever received? Heart beats talent any day.
• In 10 years, I hope I'm ... In a comfortable living situation and working as a biomedical engineer building my own useful inventions to help mankind.