The Anoka-Hennepin School District has completed a move of its administrative staff from Coon Rapids to Anoka.
Superintendent Dennis Carlson, the associate superintendents and the communications, accounting and other departments now are at the former Learning Center and Distribution Center, at 2727 N. Ferry St. The move consolidates staff and reduces travel time to the other main administrative building, also in Anoka.
The move and remodeling cost about $740,000, but with this and other steps, the district expects to save leasing costs and mileage. District phone numbers are the same. The former administration building, on Hanson Boulevard in Coon Rapids, is for sale.
The move also means a new home for the displaced community education and early childhood and special education programs, at a refurbished Sandburg Middle School (at 1902 Second Av. S. in Anoka). The school board will begin meeting there, in the rehabbed third-floor library, on Sept. 24.