Altercation in June left a 19-year-old Brooklyn Center man shot in head.
Authorities have issued a warrant for a Brooklyn Center man accused of fatally shooting another man earlier this year after a dispute at a house party in north Minneapolis.
Trevante Marquez Williams, 21, was charged with criminal possession of a weapon, first-degree riot and second-degree assault with a dangerous weapon, according to the Hennepin County attorney’s office.
Williams was identified by a witness at the party who said she saw him become upset after being asked to leave the party on the 4900 block of Camden Avenue North early on June 21, authorities said.
The shooting apparently stemmed from a confrontation between two groups of partygoers that spilled into the front yard.
The witness told detectives that she saw Williams waving a handgun “in a threatening manner” before the shooting erupted, the report said. When it was over, Jaylin D’vonte Davis lay in the front yard of the house, with a gunshot wound to the head. Davis later died at North Memorial Medical Center, according to police.
At least one witness told police that Davis, who was also armed, fired at least one shot in the altercation.
An autopsy later determined that Davis died of the gunshot wound to the head and his death was ruled a homicide.Anyone with information about this incident is asked to text Minneapolis police at 847 411 (tip 411), enter MPD and the tip or call the anonymous tip line at 612-692-8477.
Libor Jany • 612-673-4064 Twitter:@StribJany