Jeremy Olson writes about children and families, and is an overscheduled father of two. His blog tackles the best and worst of parenting, families, health and love. He wants to hear from you - what's going on in your house?
Legos has long warned parents about choking hazards and that children younger than three shouldn't play with the small building blocks. But who knew a piece could get crammed up a kid's nose for three years and go unnoticed? Fortunately, the following story out of Salt Lake City turned out OK, and the parents of 6-year-old Isaak Larson can joke about it now.
Read the report from a SLC TV station here. My favorite part is the kid's response when his doctor first suspects an obstruction in his nose has been causing his breathing problems for three years and asks what it might be.
"I put some spaghetti up there," the boy told the doctor, "but that was a long time ago."