Amber Alert on 17-month-old girl, dad has been canceled

  • Updated: November 9, 2012 - 6:11 AM

Nahla Sky Rutledge

Photo: Bureau of Criminal Apprehension,

CameraStar Tribune photo galleries

Cameraview larger

Authorities have canceled an Amber Alert for a non-custodial father who reportedly took his 17-month-old daughter from her St. Louis Park home.

The man is in custody, and the toddler is safe and unharmed, officials said Friday morning.

The man, George Jermaine Rutledge, 31, had been believed to be armed and dangerous, according to the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension. He reportedly assaulted the child's mother and threatened to kill the child and himself. He is said to have a pistol with him. Authorities say he has fought with police before.

STAFF REPORTS
  • related content

  • George Jermaine Rutledge

  • get related content delivered to your inbox

  • manage my email subscriptions

ADVERTISEMENT

Connect with twitterConnect with facebookConnect with Google+Connect with PinterestConnect with PinterestConnect with RssfeedConnect with email newsletters

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

question of the day

Poll: Is Paul Molitor the best choice to manage Twins?

Weekly Question

ADVERTISEMENT

 
Close