Spaghetti With Roasted Zucchini
Note: From “Woman’s Day Easy Everyday Dinners.”
• 12 oz. spaghetti
• 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
• 2 (1/2 in. thick) slices fresh bread, torn into 1-in. pieces
• 2 garlic cloves, smashed
• 4 small zucchini (about 1 lb. total), sliced 1/4 in. thick
• 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
• Kosher salt
• 1/4 c. grated Parmesan (1 oz.)
• 1/4 c. fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
• 1 tbsp. grated lemon zest
Heat oven to 425 degrees. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and return it to the pot; toss with 1 tablespoon oil.
Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse the breadcrumbs and garlic until the bread forms coarse crumbs and the garlic is chopped.
In a large bowl, toss zucchini, crushed red pepper, remaining 2 tablespoons oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add Parmesan and breadcrumb mixture, and toss to combine.
Spread zucchini mixture on 2 rimmed baking sheets and roast until zucchini is tender and golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Toss pasta with zucchini mixture, parsley and lemon zest.
Variation: Skip the pasta and toss 1 pound large raw shrimp (peeled and deveined) with the zucchini and breadcrumb mixture before roasting.