Carbohydrates 27 g Calcium 105 mg
Protein 9 g Cholesterol 8 mg Dietary fiber 5 g
Diabetic exchanges per serving: 2 vegetable, 1 bread/starch, 3½ fat.
grilled zucchini salad with mozzarella and dill
Note: From “Better Homes and Gardens Fresh” from the editors of Better Homes and Gardens magazine (Houghton Mifflin, $29.99).
• 3 medium green and/or yellow zucchini, sliced lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick planks
• 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 8 oz. fresh mozzarella ball, pulled into large pieces
• 2 tbsp. coarsely chopped fresh dill
• 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
• 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
Preheat gas or charcoal grill to medium heat. On a baking sheet, arrange zucchini in a single layer. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place zucchini directly over medium heat and grill until tender, about 8 minutes, turning once.
On a serving platter, arrange warm zucchini and mozzarella. Sprinkle with dill and crushed red pepper. Drizzle with lemon juice and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and serve.
Nutrition information per serving:
Calories 276 Fat 25 g Sodium 243 mg Saturated fat 10 g