Guacamole Tostadas With Fried Eggs
From “The Fresh 20,” by Melissa Lanz.
• 4 corn tortillas, 6-in. size
• Olive oil
• 1/2 head butter lettuce, such as Bibb, torn into small pieces
• 2 1/2 tsp. fresh lime juice, divided
• Kosher salt
• 1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
• 2 avocados, halved and pitted
• 1/4 medium red onion, finely chopped
• 1 garlic clove, minced or pressed
• Black pepper
• 2 (15-oz.) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
• 4 eggs
• 1 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
• 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and finely chopped, optional
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush tortillas with olive oil on both sides. Arrange on large baking sheet and bake, turning once, for 6 minutes, or until slightly browned. Set aside.
In small bowl, toss lettuce with 2 teaspoons lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt and parsley. Set aside.
Mash avocados in small bowl. Mix in onion, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon lime juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Warm beans. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a 10- to 12-inch skillet and fry eggs to desired doneness (over-easy is especially nice with this). Season eggs.
To assemble tostadas: Layer guacamole, kidney beans and lettuce mixture on tortillas, then top with fried eggs, cheese and bell pepper.