Pour the dressing over the lettuce and parsley. Use your hands to gently toss the salad, making sure the greens are evenly coated. Taste a leaf for salt and pepper, and adjust the seasoning as needed.
Divide among individual plates. Break the cheese into chunks or use a vegetable peeler to shave light shards of cheese over each portion.
Nutrition information per serving:
Calories 90 Fat 8 g Sodium 180 mg
Carbohydrates 3 g Saturated fat 1 g Protein 1 g Cholesterol 0 mg Dietary fiber 1 g
Parsley, Olive, Egg and Ricotta Sandwiches
These fillings are especially nice on a baguette, but toasted or grilled bread works well. Alternatively, you can omit the bread altogether and serve the omelets folded over or rolled up around dollops of ricotta, with the parsley salad spooned over the top. Recipe doubles easily. From Emily Horton.
For the eggs and sandwiches:
• 4 large eggs
• 1/4 tsp. fine sea salt
• 1/4 c. packed, finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
• 4 slices bread from a crusty, country-style loaf (may substitute half of a baguette, halved crosswise, then lengthwise, for a total of 4 pieces)
• 2 tsp. olive oil, plus more for brushing the bread
• 1/4 c. whole-milk ricotta cheese
For the salad:
• 1/4 c. packed, sliced flat-leaf parsley leaves